UPDATE: We now offer both IN-PERSON & Online workshops!!!!
How to prepare for divorce, get educated on important legal and financial issues surrounding divorce, divorce resources, divorce tips, and divorce checklist will be available.
Workshop Agenda on how to prepare for divorce
Check-In or Register
Legal Issues: Presented by a divorce attorney
- The divorce process and legal fees
- Protecting yourself legally and financially
- Child custody; child and spousal support
- Avoiding court through mediation and Collaborative Law
9:50 a.m. -- 10:35 a.m.
Family Issues: Presented by a family counselor
- Dealing with a hostile spouse
- Helping your family cope with the stress of divorce
- Rebuilding self-esteem
10:45 a.m.--11:45 a.m.
Financial Issues: Presented by a financial advisor
- How to Prepare for divorce
- Dividing property
- The tax consequence of divorce
11:45 a.m. --12:00 p.m.
Questions & Answers
“Second Saturday” deals with the legal, financial, family, and personal issues of divorce in a logical, yet compassionate way. With the guidance of trained professionals, workshop participants gain a greater understanding of the confusing divorce process.
Click here to visit the host of Austin's Second Saturday Divorce Workshop for more information on divorce planning and money.